- Specializes in traumatic, neurological and arthritic reconstructive surgery involving the entire upper extremity which includes shoulder, elbow, and hand
- Sports-related injuries involving children, elite college and professional athletes as well as recreational athletes
- Orthopedic Surgeon in private practice since 1992
- Consultant for the Detroit Tigers baseball club and team physician for the Connecticut Tigers
- Team physician for the athletic teams of Eastern Connecticut State University
- Consultant to the San Francisco Giants Baseball Club from 2006-2009, consultant for the PGA tour players and officials at the Greater Hartford Open
- Hand surgery consultant for the United States Coast Guard
- Columbia University, 1981
- SUNY-Upstate Medical Center, Syracuse, NY, 1985
- St. Luke’s/Roosevelt Hospital Orthopedic Residency, NY
- Trauma and Hand Surgery Fellowship, Germany
- St. Luke’s/Roosevelt Hospital, Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery Fellowship
- Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and in Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
- Named “Top Doc” and featured in Connecticut Magazine
Dr. Scarangella – Testimonials
Everyone was awesome
The office was immediately friendly - unlike another ortho office in Farmington where I went multiple times for stiffness in my thumb. That office wasn’t open when I needed to go for a new knee issue so I called here and got in that morning. The X-ray tech Dr Schmidtberg put me at ease right away, diagnosis was quick, not a super serious issue, I’m not an athlete w/ a terrible injury. I mostly went to see what I should and shouldn’t be doing to get it to heal completely since it was taking a bit. The doctor was friendly, funny, knowledgeable and answered all my questions w/ patience. I mentioned my ongoing hand issue and he wanted to know more about that. We decided to go w/ a cortisone shot for that because it’d gone on so long. I’d put it off because I wasn’t sure exactly what to do and the previous office didn’t help me much w/ making that decision. Highly recommend this office.
The office is easy to find. Office staff is friendly. Dr.Scarengella explains things clearly and is able to take on new patients quickly.
Everyone gets A++ at H.O.S. I highly recommend this group of professionals. I am actually looking forward to my follow-up! PS: My back is much better just from the arthritis meds prescribed .... and I haven't even started my P.T. training yet.
I have been Dr Scarangella’s patient for 18 years through several orthopedic issues and have been extremely satisfied with his care. He has referred me to other medical professionals who have all been excellent. My only issue is it is almost impossible to get an appointment with him in Willimantic office. With COVID I don’t venture out unless necessary and I don’t like to travel out of town. This is very important to me.
Thorough, competent and caring team all the way around. tyvm (Thank you very much.)
I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Scarangella to anybody. My bilateral carpal tunnel release was done (separately) a month between each other & my hands haven’t felt this great in years! He has great bedside manners & he radiates genuine care. I’m so thankful!