- Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery (Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist and Hand)
- Traumatic, Neurological and Arthritic Reconstructive Surgery
- Reconstructive Wrist Surgery
- Hand Arthritis Surgery
- Surgery for Tendon and Nerve Injuries
- Sports-Related Injuries
Stephen F. Scarangella, MD
Board-Certified Orthopedic Surgeon Specializing in:
- Medical Training
- Recognition And Awards
- Memberships And Affiliations
- Undergraduate – Columbia University, NewY ork, NY
- Medical School – SUNY-Upstate Medical Center, Syracuse, NY
- Residency – St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital, New York,NY – Orthopedic Surgery
- Fellowship – University Klinik Medical Center, Friedberg, Germany – Trauma and Hand Surgery
- Fellowship – St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital, New York, NY – Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
- Consultant for the Detroit Tigers baseball club and team physician for the Connecticut Tigers
- Team physician for the athletic teams of Eastern Connecticut State University
- Former consultant to the San Francisco Giants Baseball Club
- Former consultant for the PGA tour players and officials at the Greater Hartford Open
- Hand surgery consultant for the United States Coast Guard Academy
- Named “TopDoc” and featured in Connecticut Magazine several times
- Board Certified, Orthopedic Surgery, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery (ABOS)
- Board Certified, Handand Upper Extremity Surgery, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery (ABOS)
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery (AAOS)—Fellow
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH) member
- Connecticut Orthopaedic Society (COS), member/former board member
Dr. Scarangella – Testimonials
Excellent experience. Dr Scarangella is the best!! He set accurate expectations and was spot on.
Well. I was to go to pain management but never happened yet so I will have d3all with it but enjoy you be I ng my doctor.
I really like you as a person first then as a Dr.
Dr.Scarangella, Allyson, and the entire team and office staff are great to work with and are very professional.
I have been Dr. Scarangella's patient for five years, including for one hand surgery. I have always found him to be easy to talk with and a good listener. Very compassionate. Down to earth.
I have been working with Dr. Scarangella and his staff for over 2 years. It has been a long and hard situation. Dr. Scarangella has gone above and beyond for me in helping me get the proper help in recovery from 2 surgeries he has performed on my hand. I would recommend him and his staff to anyone and I have done so. Friendly, honest, and very helpful.
Very knowledgeable office staff
Dr. Scarangella was engaging, professional and provided multiple solutions for consideration. I would highly recommend him.