- Specializes in sports medicine, general orthopedics, advanced arthroscopic and open shoulder and knee surgery, shoulder and knee reconstruction, sports-related fractures
- Shoulder Replacement
- Robotic Partial Knee Replacement
- Surgeon in private practice at South County Orthopedics and Physical Therapy, Wakefield, RI, 2005-2011
- Team Physician, Rocky Hill High School, Rocky Hill, CT, 2016-present
- Team Physician for University of Rhode Island football and basketball teams since 2005; assistant to team physicians for Chicago White Sox professional baseball team, 2004-2005; and assistant to team physicians for Chicago Bulls professional basketball team, 2004-2005
- Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC
- General Surgery Internship and Orthopedic Surgery Residency at University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont
- Orthopedic Sports Medicine Fellowship at Rush-Presbyterian – St. Luke’s Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois
- Orthopedic Surgery in 2007. Licensed in Rhode Island, Illinois and Connecticut
- Named “Top Doc” and featured in Connecticut Magazine
Dr. Risinger – Testimonials
Dr Risinger is a true professional in manner and deed! My surgery experience was totally without problems!
Dr Risinger is exactly what you should look for in a doctor/surgeon. He listens to your questions and concerns, takes all the necessary steps to diagnose your issue correctly the first time and unlike many surgeons he doesn't push or jump for surgery as a first step. I have had two separate shoulder surgeries both with Dr Risinger and both surgeries went well. I feel like my expectations were appropriately set in terms of recovery time and never felt uninformed through the process. He was patient with my questions always taking the time to make sure I fully understood and explaining things in a way that was easy to understand. I highly recommend him.
Dr. Risinger, is a standup physician and a standup guy. He exhibits an assiduous work ethic and also an unparalleled wealth of knowledge. He not only makes you feel welcome, but also is not in a hurry to rush you out just to get to the next patient. First class all the way. Paul Wright
I highly recommend Doctor Risinger, I had a very large tear and hole in my rotator cuff. I went to two other doctors and they didn't want to do surgery to repair it, I was in alot of pain they recommended I do six months of physical therapy. I wanted it fixed, Someone referred me to Dr Risinger. He was very confident it could be fixed. I Had surgery March 7th , "He fixed it" and I am having a speedy recovery.
I don't know how to use any of those sites, and if there was a different way to respond, I certainly would because he is one of my favorite doctors!
Everyone was very nice
Dr. Risinger was very helpful and took a lot of time to explain the surgical procedure, and what to expect. Thanks to the office personnel also for their professionalism and efficiency in prepping all of the necessary paperwork .
I was very appreciative of the time that was given for explanations of what to expect after surgery.