- Specializes in sports medicine, general orthopedics, advanced arthroscopic and open shoulder and knee surgery, shoulder and knee reconstruction, sports-related fractures
- Shoulder Replacement
- Robotic Partial Knee Replacement
- Surgeon in private practice at South County Orthopedics and Physical Therapy, Wakefield, RI, 2005-2011
- Team Physician, Rocky Hill High School, Rocky Hill, CT, 2016-present
- Team Physician for University of Rhode Island football and basketball teams since 2005; assistant to team physicians for Chicago White Sox professional baseball team, 2004-2005; and assistant to team physicians for Chicago Bulls professional basketball team, 2004-2005
- Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC
- General Surgery Internship and Orthopedic Surgery Residency at University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont
- Orthopedic Sports Medicine Fellowship at Rush-Presbyterian – St. Luke’s Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois
- Orthopedic Surgery in 2007. Licensed in Rhode Island, Illinois and Connecticut
- Named “Top Doc” and featured in Connecticut Magazine
Dr. Risinger – Testimonials
Nursing staff was great doctor was very personable and knowledgeable made me feel right at home
I had a good experience with Dr. Risinger and my aching knees I received immediate relief and we are developing a long term plan, after an MRI. I recommend Dr. Risinger.
Dr. Risinger put me at ease, answered my questions, and was very gentle with the cortisone shot! I definitely recommend him.
What impressed me most about Dr. Risinger was the amount of time he gave me. I’ve seen other orthopedic doctors and I always feel rushed. Not only did he provide a full diagnosis of my shoulder he also took additional time to access my arthritic knee.
Dr Risinger is always very informative and listens well. I have had very good outcomes with him. He also has a wonderful staff. Highly recommended.
Dr. Risenger replaced both of my shoulders. He is the only surgeon I would go to. I have 100% function on my left shoulder which was replaced 2/2021. I had my right shoulder replaced 12/2021. The scarring is very faint. Neither of my shoulders were functional before my surgeries but now, I can do things I haven’t been able to do in years!
Dr. Risinger and Rob PA were great! They both took the time to explain everything and answer all my questions. I was so uncomfortable when I first went to see them. Had a partial menisectomy and able to walk again without discomfort and a limp
Everyone gets A++ at H.O.S. I highly recommend this group of professionals. I am actually looking forward to my follow-up! PS: My back is much better just from the arthritis meds prescribed .... and I haven't even started my P.T. training yet.
Dr. Risinger was very thorough when discussing my case with me. I never felt rushed or not able to ask questions which is very important when seeing a specialist.