- Sports Medicine
- General Orthopedics
- Advanced Arthroscopic and Open Shoulder and Knee Surgery, Shoulder and Knee Reconstruction
- Sports-Related Fractures
- Shoulder Replacement
- Robotic Partial Knee Replacement
- Medical Training
- Recognition And Awards
- Memberships And Affiliations
- Undergraduate — Duke University, Durham, NC—BSE in Biomedical Engineering
- Medical School — Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC — MD
- Residency — University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont — Orthopedic Surgery
- Fellowship — Rush-Presbyterian–St. Luke’s Medical Center, Chicago, IL — Orthopedic Sports Medicine/Shoulder Arthroplasty
- Team Physician, Hartford Athletic Professional Soccer (2019- present)
- Team Physician, Rocky Hill High School, Rocky Hill, CT (2016- present)
- Team physician for University of Rhode Island football and basketball teams (2005-2011)
- Assistant to team physician for Chicago White Sox professional baseball team (2004-2005)
- Assistant to team physician for Chicago Bulls professional basketball team (2004-2005)
- Named “TopDoc” and featured in Connecticut Magazine several times
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS), Fellow
- American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- Connecticut Orthopaedic
- Connecticut Sports Medicine Institute at Saint Francis Hospital
- Connecticut Joint Replacement Institute at Saint Francis Hospital
Dr. Risinger – Testimonials
The staff members were friendly and professional. Dr. Risinger was great, explained the issue and recommended physical therapy. He was down to earth, personable and certainly professional.
Dr Risinger is a true professional in manner and deed! My surgery experience was totally without problems!
Dr Risinger is exactly what you should look for in a doctor/surgeon. He listens to your questions and concerns, takes all the necessary steps to diagnose your issue correctly the first time and unlike many surgeons he doesn't push or jump for surgery as a first step. I have had two separate shoulder surgeries both with Dr Risinger and both surgeries went well. I feel like my expectations were appropriately set in terms of recovery time and never felt uninformed through the process. He was patient with my questions always taking the time to make sure I fully understood and explaining things in a way that was easy to understand. I highly recommend him.
Dr. Risinger, is a standup physician and a standup guy. He exhibits an assiduous work ethic and also an unparalleled wealth of knowledge. He not only makes you feel welcome, but also is not in a hurry to rush you out just to get to the next patient. First class all the way. Paul Wright
I highly recommend Doctor Risinger, I had a very large tear and hole in my rotator cuff. I went to two other doctors and they didn't want to do surgery to repair it, I was in alot of pain they recommended I do six months of physical therapy. I wanted it fixed, Someone referred me to Dr Risinger. He was very confident it could be fixed. I Had surgery March 7th , "He fixed it" and I am having a speedy recovery.
I don't know how to use any of those sites, and if there was a different way to respond, I certainly would because he is one of my favorite doctors!
Everyone was very nice
Dr. Risinger was very helpful and took a lot of time to explain the surgical procedure, and what to expect. Thanks to the office personnel also for their professionalism and efficiency in prepping all of the necessary paperwork .