- Total Hip Replacement and Total Knee Replacement Surgery
- Specialty in Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Surgery
- Fellowship in total joint,adult reconstruction and orthopedic trauma surgery at Minneapolis Orthopedic and Arthritis Institute, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Co-founder and past Co-Director of The Connecticut Joint Replacement Institute (CJRI); Regional Director of Operations, Orthopedic Service Line at Trinity Health of New England
- Served in Afghanistan as Commander of 947th Forward Surgical Team attached to the 3rd Special Forces Group; served six years in the Navy and 14 years in the Army Reserves
- Bronze Star and Combat Medic Award
- University of Connecticut School of Medicine; Orthopedic Residency at University of Connecticut
- Fellow, American Board of Orthopaedics
- Member, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS)
- Named “Top Doc” and featured in Connecticut Magazine on multiple occasions
We also partner with Force in order to be able to provide patients with access to high quality, clinically validated remote care.
Founded in 2010, Force Therapeutics is a powerful, episode-based virtual care platform that helps Orthopedic Surgical Partners clinicians educate, monitor, and stay connected to their patients once they begin recovery at home.
Dr. McAllister – Testimonials
Total Left Hip replacement 2021 Very very pleased. The entire process from first visit to hospital procedure to recovery and rehab and the later office visits .. .. all superlative care and people. Dr. McAllister is a Pro at this procedure.
I had knee replacement surgery in September. Chris went above and beyond to explain everything prior to surgery and what to expect. The day of surgery he checked in before and after and even called the day after to make sure everything was going well. He is very personable and takes the time to make sure you are at ease. Would recommend Dr McAlister and his team!
Everyone gets A++ at H.O.S. I highly recommend this group of professionals. I am actually looking forward to my follow-up! PS: My back is much better just from the arthritis meds prescribed .... and I haven't even started my P.T. training yet.
Dr MacAllister has done past surgeries to replace my hips and just recently replaced my right knee. He is an excellent doctor who is up to date on the latest techniques and equipment. His entire staff at CJRI is committed to good outcomes for their patients They are always putting patient knowledge, safety and well being first in all treatment. I have enjoyed using the Force app to prepare for my most recent surgery. Dr MacAllister and his team are the best and I appreciate his help in getting me back out the door and walking again!
Just got started with the process of knee replacement. Dr. McAllister was very patient and went over all details until I was satisfied. The staff is very efficient and is taking care of the many details and appointments. I am encouraged that all will go well.
At the time of my surgery I was in pain and having difficulty working and even sleeping. I am three months post surgery and my hip is pain free! The scar is minimal and my strength increases daily, that’s important because my job requires physical strength. I found Dr McAllister to be be professional, thorough and his bedside manor put me at ease. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience with my total hip replacement!
Would recommend to anyone
Great from start to finish
I had two total hip replacements (right and left) done by Dr. McAllister. I couldn’t be more pleased! As an adult in my mid-sixties, I work full time in a Magnet School teaching the early childhood age group. I no longer use any canes or walkers, and am able to dance, move, jog and stretch with all of them! I highly recommend Dr. McAllister and his whole team - their pleasant demeanor and reassurance made the whole two experiences worth it! His experience in this field is outstanding. I would not have gone with any other surgeon.