- Total Hip Replacement Surgery
- Total Knee Replacement Surgery
- Specialty in Mako® Robotic-Arm Assisted Surgery
- Arthritis and Other Inflammatory Joint Conditions
- Orthopedic Trauma Surgery
- Medical Training
- Recognition And Awards
- Memberships And Affiliations
- Medical School — University of Connecticut School of Medicine
- Residency – University of Connecticut – Orthopedic Surgery
- Fellowship – Minneapolis Orthopedic and Arthritis Institute, Minneapolis, MN — Total Joint, Adult Reconstruction and Orthopedic Trauma Surgery
- President, Connecticut Joint Replacement Surgeons LLC
- Medical Director, Connecticut Joint Replacement Institute (CJRI)
- Chairman,Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center
- Executive Physician, Regional Orthopedic Service Line, Trinity Health of New England
- Served in Afghanistan as Commander of 947th Forward Surgical Team attached to the 3rd Special Forces Group; served six years in the Navy and 14 years in the Army Reserves
- Bronze Star and Combat Medic Award
- Named “TopDoc” and featured in Connecticut Magazine several times
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS) – Fellow
- Orthopedic Surgical Partners – President
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS) – Fellow
Dr. Robert W. McAllister’s career is marked by numerous accomplishments and highlights. He completed his fellowship in total joint, adult reconstruction, and orthopedic trauma surgery at the Minneapolis Orthopedic and Arthritis Institute, which helped him become a skilled orthopedic surgeon. Additionally, he co-founded The Connecticut Joint Replacement Institute (CJRI) and served as its past Co-Director. He also held the position of Regional Director of Operations for the Orthopedic Service Line at Trinity Health of New England.
Apart from his work in the medical field, Dr. McAllister served six years in the Navy and 14 years in the Army Reserves. During his time there, he was deployed to Afghanistan as Commander of the 947th Forward Surgical Team attached to the 3rd Special Forces Group, where he received both Bronze Star and Combat Medic Awards for his exceptional service. These experiences have undoubtedly made him a well-rounded individual capable of handling any situation with poise and expertise.
We also partner with Force in order to be able to provide patients with access to high-quality, clinically validated remote care.
Founded in 2010, Force Therapeutics is a powerful, episode-based virtual care platform that helps Orthopedic Surgical Partners clinicians educate, monitor, and stay connected to their patients once they begin recovery at home.
Dr. McAllister – Testimonials
Dr. McAllister did an excellent job replacing both of my hips over the past 10 years and I would recommend him to anyone who asks me about orthopedic surgery on their knees or hips.
Went for my routine 10 year follow-up on my hip implant. Dr, McCallister went over my progress and x-rays and was more than pleased, as was I, with the overall exam. Soon after my implant surgery, I was doing everything I did before. Golf, walking 2 miles daily, hiking, yard work etc. Thank you doc for all you have done to keep me active. You are the best and I’ll see you in three years!
I’ve had two amazing surgeries with Dr. McAllister, hip in January and knee in August. I can’t say enough about the preparation, surgery and follow up with his group. They are all professional and very attentive to all needs. Also had a very good experience at St. Francis. ...
Met with Chris Berube, PA . Great practitioner.
Dr McAllister is a great listener, quick on the uptake, decisive and with an uncanny ability to inject smiles into a very painful knee situation! He laid out options and possible paths to take as well as any physician i have ever met. Gave me a cortisone shot which helped immediately and continues to make it bearable. First visit but would recommend most highly.
Total Left Hip replacement 2021 Very very pleased. The entire process from first visit to hospital procedure to recovery and rehab and the later office visits .. .. all superlative care and people. Dr. McAllister is a Pro at this procedure.
I had knee replacement surgery in September. Chris went above and beyond to explain everything prior to surgery and what to expect. The day of surgery he checked in before and after and even called the day after to make sure everything was going well. He is very personable and takes the time to make sure you are at ease. Would recommend Dr McAlister and his team!
Everyone gets A++ at H.O.S. I highly recommend this group of professionals. I am actually looking forward to my follow-up! PS: My back is much better just from the arthritis meds prescribed .... and I haven't even started my P.T. training yet.
Dr MacAllister has done past surgeries to replace my hips and just recently replaced my right knee. He is an excellent doctor who is up to date on the latest techniques and equipment. His entire staff at CJRI is committed to good outcomes for their patients They are always putting patient knowledge, safety and well being first in all treatment. I have enjoyed using the Force app to prepare for my most recent surgery. Dr MacAllister and his team are the best and I appreciate his help in getting me back out the door and walking again!