- Total Hip Replacement Surgery
- Total Knee Replacement Surgery
- Specialty in Mako® Robotic-Arm Assisted Surgery
- Arthritis and Other Inflammatory Joint Conditions
- Orthopedic Trauma Surgery
- Medical Training
- Recognition And Awards
- Memberships And Affiliations
- Medical School — University of Connecticut School of Medicine
- Residency – University of Connecticut – Orthopedic Surgery
- Fellowship – Minneapolis Orthopedic and Arthritis Institute, Minneapolis, MN — Total Joint, Adult Reconstruction and Orthopedic Trauma Surgery
- President, Connecticut Joint Replacement Surgeons LLC
- Medical Director, Connecticut Joint Replacement Institute (CJRI)
- Chairman,Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center
- Executive Physician, Regional Orthopedic Service Line, Trinity Health of New England
- Served in Afghanistan as Commander of 947th Forward Surgical Team attached to the 3rd Special Forces Group; served six years in the Navy and 14 years in the Army Reserves
- Bronze Star and Combat Medic Award
- Named “TopDoc” and featured in Connecticut Magazine several times
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS) – Fellow
- Orthopedic Surgical Partners – President
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS) – Fellow
Dr. Robert W. McAllister’s career is marked by numerous accomplishments and highlights. He completed his fellowship in total joint, adult reconstruction, and orthopedic trauma surgery at the Minneapolis Orthopedic and Arthritis Institute, which helped him become a skilled orthopedic surgeon. Additionally, he co-founded The Connecticut Joint Replacement Institute (CJRI) and served as its past Co-Director. He also held the position of Regional Director of Operations for the Orthopedic Service Line at Trinity Health of New England.
Apart from his work in the medical field, Dr. McAllister served six years in the Navy and 14 years in the Army Reserves. During his time there, he was deployed to Afghanistan as Commander of the 947th Forward Surgical Team attached to the 3rd Special Forces Group, where he received both Bronze Star and Combat Medic Awards for his exceptional service. These experiences have undoubtedly made him a well-rounded individual capable of handling any situation with poise and expertise.
We also partner with Force in order to be able to provide patients with access to high-quality, clinically validated remote care.
Founded in 2010, Force Therapeutics is a powerful, episode-based virtual care platform that helps Orthopedic Surgical Partners clinicians educate, monitor, and stay connected to their patients once they begin recovery at home.
Dr. McAllister – Testimonials
He did my total knee replacement eight years ago and still going strong. Great surgeon!
Dr. McAllister is a fantastic surgeon . He cares about his patients, answers all questions. Easy to talk to. Highly recommend him!
Dr. Mac is the best! Down to earth and very relatable. Wants his patients to live their best life.
Good experience. Tks
Dr McAllister did a great job on my knee. Wonderful staff too.
I was seen at my appointment time by courteous attendant. X-rays taken right away and then examined by Dr McAllister who described what was causing my pain and how to deal with it. I am very satisfied with Dr McAllister and his staff.
Thank you so much for all your professional and caring help
It was a pleasant experience. The doctor was very knowledgeable and answered all our questions. We feel extremely grateful.
Dr. McAllister did an excellent job replacing both of my hips over the past 10 years and I would recommend him to anyone who asks me about orthopedic surgery on their knees or hips.