- Hand, Wrist and Elbow Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel, de Quervain’s Tenosynovitis, Trigger Finger and Tendonitis
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Sports Injuries
- Medical Training
- Recognition And Awards
- Memberships And Affiliations
- Medical School – St. Louis University, St Louis, MO
- Residency – University of Connecticut – Orthopedic Surgery
- Fellowship – Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA – Hand Surgery
- Former Chairman of the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center
- Clinical instructor, UConn Orthopedic Program
- Named “TopDoc” and featured in Connecticut Magazine several times
- Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS), Fellow
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- American Association for Hand Surgery (AAHS)
Dr. Mara – Testimonials
Dr. Mara has been an excellent doctor for me through the years. His concern is always evident. His treatments are successful. I never doubt that I am well cared for.
Dr. Mara is absolutely brilliant! I will never go to anyone else but him! Thank you!!!
The entire staff and Dr Mara are the best. I’ve had two surgeries with Dr Mara. He is an outstanding Dr!
Dr. Mara is an excellent doctor. Very compassionate and an expert in his field.
Dr Mara is very thorough and you can tell he knows what he is talking about. He even gave suggestions on how to minimize scarring from my incision.
Dr. Mara quickly diagnosed my conditioned and took a conservative approach towards resolution. I appreciated this incremental approach versus going straight to the most aggressive treatment option first. He is clearly very knowledgeable but more importantly he was easy to talk with, kind and personable.
I wanted to let you know that the Cortisone shot has helped, less pain in the hand and the trigger finger is also better, thank you.
Orthopedic Surgical Partners is a super organization. From the ladies who greet you to the doctors and their staff, the experience is pleasant even to those who don't like doctors! Can't think of one thing negative to say!