- Neck and Spine Surgery
- Minimally-Invasive Discectomies and Laminectomies
- Operations for Disc Herniations, Spinal Stenosis and Degenerative Disc Disease
- Anterior and Posterior Spinal Fusions
- Meniscal Tears of the Knee
- Rotator Cuff Tears of the Shoulder
- Sports Medicine
Aris D. Yannopoulos, MD
Board-Certified Orthopedic Surgeon Specializing in:
- Medical Training
- Recognition And Awards
- Memberships And Affiliations
- Undergraduate – Harvard College, Cambridge, MA – BA
- Medical School – Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY – MD
- Residency – Yale-New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT – General Surgery
- Residency – Harvard Orthopedic Program MGH Track, Boston, MA – Orthopedic Surgery
- Fellowship – Harvard University Team Physicians – Sports Orthopedic Arthroscopy
- Fellowship – University of California/Davis, Sacramento, CA – Spine Surgery
- Assistant Clinical Professor, UConn Orthopedic Program (1989-present)
- Department Chair, Orthopedic Surgery at Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center (2010-2022)
- Research Director, Spine Institute of Connecticut at Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center (2013-present)
- Team physician, Simsbury High School, Simsbury, CT (1990 – present)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Connecticut Orthopedic Society (COS)— Board member
- North American Spine Society (NASS)
- Hartford County Medical Association (HCMA)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- Thomas B Quigley Society
- Harvard Varsity Club
Dr. Yannopoulos – Testimonials
Dr. Yannopoulos and his nurse/medical assistant, Diana, are amazing. Very to the point, empathetic, and accommodating with appointments and follow ups. Surgery went great, second surgery coming up.
Hopefully my back will get stronger with therapy
Helpful, considerate, patient
Excellent treatment and advice. Thank you.
I had ACDF surgery a year ago. Dr Yannopoulos did a great job and has been very attentive on following up with regular checks after the surgery. I am very happy with the outcome - both physically and aesthetically.
Excellent services with Dr Yannopoulos!
Dr Yannopoulos, in my opinion, what a Doctor should be. Caring, compassionate, competent, and is totally zeroed in on your issue. The Best!
It’s nice that they can get an appointment for you in a few days and the staff is just wonderful!
Very helpful and more importantly, empathetic. Dr. Y understands your pain and feels for you. It's his motivation behind wanting to help you get relief from my back pain. He's a good man. He listens to you and lets you tell your story, your symptoms and even your idea of what is the problem. He doesn’t brush you off as not knowing anything about your own body. That goes a long way with me.