- Lumbar Micro-Discectomy, Laminectomy, Lumbar and Cervical Fusions, Arthroscopic Surgery and Sports Medicine
- Orthopedic Surgeon in private practice since 1989
- Assistant Clinical Professor, UConn Orthopedic Program since 1989
- Department Chair, Orthopedic Surgery at Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center, 2009 – present
- Research Director – Spine Institute of Connecticut at Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center
- Team Physician, Simsbury High School, Simsbury, CT
- Harvard College, 1977
- Columbia University, College of Physicians & Surgeons, 1981
- Yale University, New Haven Hospital; General Surgery
- Harvard University Orthopedic Residency, Mass. General Hospital
- Harvard University Sports Medicine Fellowship Training
- University of California Spine Fellowship Training
- Orthopedic Surgery in 1991 and twice re-certified Licensed in Connecticut, Massachusetts and Vermont
Videos – Learn More About Dr. Yannopoulos
Dr. Yannopoulos – Testimonials
Dr Y was wonderful I learnt lot from from him . I liked him as soon as I Met him and he is so knowledgeable Looking forward to follow up on 6 weeks
Everyone gets A++ at H.O.S. I highly recommend this group of professionals. I am actually looking forward to my follow-up! PS: My back is much better just from the arthritis meds prescribed .... and I haven't even started my P.T. training yet.
Stellar diagnostician, with highly competent compassionate care and a true advocate for his patients esp appreciated during pandemic crisis. Remarkably bright, focused and even keeps a sense of humor to boot!
I give Doctor Yannapolis a 5 star rating. That's hardly enough. Some people represent the best in their profession. In sports they're elected to the Hall of Fame. If doctors have a hall this is where Doctor Yannapolis belongs. His no nonsense experienced approach may not be for some. For me it was refreshing. I was assured that I was in capable hands. My surgery was a resounding success. I am grateful for his great work.
Dr y. Was extremely understanding of my situation and was very professional and did an awesome job. I'm 100% recovered.
Very helpful and caring
Outstanding, professional care. I was able to be seen quickly and The care plan has been working so far.
Great place, informative and my doctor is kind and I appreciate everything he did for me.